Operations/Human Resource Coordinator
The Operations/Human Resource Coordinator will be responsible for the administration, human resources, organizational and event coordination at the Innovation Cluster. This includes but is not limited to; day-to-day administration and operations, human resource coordination, event arrangement, community outreach and engagement duties that relate to the Cluster.
Reporting to: The President/CEO
Scope of Responsibilities:
This position includes the following functions and activities:
- Human Resources Coordination for all Innovation Cluster employees, this includes managing employee benefits, tracking employee holidays and sick days, handling employee orientation and training, maintaining and updating the Human Resource policy and liaising with the City of Peterborough in regards to Innovation Cluster employee payroll and employee files.
- Working very closely with the Operations/Events coordinator on the operational and administrative day-to-day coordination and assistance of the Innovation Cluster and all of its programs and services as well as on the planning and coordination of all meetings, events, workshops, tradeshows and program activities.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key partners and stakeholders of the Innovation Cluster.
- Liaising with the City of Peterborough when necessary in regards to the Innovation Cluster’s Human Resources, IT services and Finances.
- Communicating and organizing board meetings, committee meetings and board documents with the Innovation Cluster board of directors and being recording secretary.
- Maintaining and updating the Innovation Cluster’s filing ensuring all documents are up to date and filed appropriately.
- Working very closely with key partners and stakeholders on meetings, events and announcements when necessary.
- Researching and finding new funding opportunities for the Innovation Cluster, writing and submitting government funding applications and reporting on all government funding received.
Skills and Experience:
- Customer service, communication or administrative experience.
- Background/education in Human resource.
- Excellent English verbal and writing skills.
- Proficiency interacting with and using digital technologies. Internet, technology and social media savvy.
- Evidence of strong organization, interpersonal and communications skills, and working relationships with others, both internal and external; demonstrated responsive and professional attitude.
- Able to take a project-based approach; independently plan, organize and prioritize and coordinate tasks to achieve goals in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Able to learn and adapt to change.
- Able to demonstrate effective problem solving.
- Proficient in General Office software: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.]
- Familiar with using a CRM database.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license and personal vehicle.
- Post secondary education.
Please note at any time new responsibilities can be added as well this position will provide support to other Innovation Cluster staff when needed.
If interested please submit a cover letter AND resume by 5pm on January 19, 2018. Applications that do not submit both a cover letter and resume and that do not meet the time deadline will not be reviewed.
The salary range for this position is between $32,000-$45,000
Please save and send both cover letter and resume together as one pdf document to Alyssa Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org