The Federal Government recently launched Innovation Canada, an online one-stop-shop for Canada’s innovators and entrepreneurs, as described by the Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED).
The online portal, which can be found on the government’s official website, offers a wide range of resources for entrepreneurs to access, including:
· Loans and Capital Investing
· Advice and Expertise
· Partnering and Collaboration
· And more!
The main goals from this new platform is to efficiently connect innovators with programs, services and resources in a quick manner. The platform allows you to tell your “business story” by highlighting your key goals, needs and accomplishments, allowing a personalized approach to finding help.
“Time is money in business, and our government knows innovation moves quickly. That’s why we’re making government funding and services that help Canadian innovators, businesses and entrepreneurs as simple as possible to find. With Innovation Canada, opportunity is now only a click away,” says The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development.
Step One: Fill in the blanks to explain your business background and what you need access to.
Step Two: The portal will filter its services to quickly show the user the best resources based on their situation.
Why we love it?
1. Resources are legitimate (government approved).
2. There are resources available for entrepreneurs in all stages of growth and sector.
3. Categories are easy to navigate and understand.
4. The government is promoting the creation of well-paying jobs for the middle class and providing people with the tools, knowledge and skills to get these jobs and succeed.
Read the Government of Canada’s press release here.