- A proud resident of Peterborough since 1989
- Honours Degree from Queen’s University in Applied Science in the discipline of civil engineering (environmental specialty)
- Professional Engineer in the province of Ontario since 1999
- Began his career at Lakefield Research Limited to offer expertise to the mining, municipal, and commercial sectors
- Lived and worked in Buenos Aires, Argentina while providing environmental management and consulting services throughout South America
- Previously managed the Environmental Consulting Services at SGS Canada Inc. and negotiated its purchase leading to the creation of Cambium Environmental in 2006
- Currently President and CEO at Cambium Inc. with offices in Peterborough and Barrie, Ontario
- Vice President of Peterborough Ultimate League
- Board Member of the Ontario Onsite Wastewater Association
- Board Member of the Greater Peterborough Economic Development Corporation
- Vice President & Director, Portfolio Manager with RBC Dominion Securities
- Graduate of Trent University with a major in economics.
- Has achieved the advanced designations of Fellow of Canadian Securities Institute and Canadian Investment Manager
- Well-versed in the principles and practice of portfolio management
- Proud to be an active member of the community, ranging from Chair of the Stewardship Committee (Peterborough Regional Health Centre Foundation), volunteer work with the Peterborough Golf & Country Club.
- Past member of the Leadership Division of the Breaking New Ground Campaign and has sat on the board of both the Festival of Trees and Hospice Peterborough
- Participated in fundraising campaigns for the United Way and Festival of Trees and worked with the Alzheimer Society
- Committed to a vast number of children’s programs; past member of Junior Achievement Peterborough, coached hockey, soccer and basketball and his donations have furthered the Five Counties Children Centre Foundation the YMCA Peterborough and the Peterborough Regional Health Centre Foundation
- His influence has been felt by many
- Steve is married to Maureen and together they have three children
- Honours Bachelor of Business Administration, Wilfred Laurier University
- Master in Business Administration, York University
- Previously worked for General Motors in several engineering and administrative capacities at the Oshawa Car Assembly Plant
- Manages several industrial and commercial properties in Peterborough and Oshawa
- President and General Manager of Merit Precision Moulding in Peterborough, Ontario
- President and General Manager of Merit Precision Machine in Peterborough, Ontario
- Director of Aclarus Water Systems
- President of the Peterborough Jr Lakers Lacrosse Club
- Has served as a Director of the Greater Peterborough Area Economic Development Corporation, the Kawartha Manufacturers Association, the Peterborough Safe Communities Foundation, Peterborough Green-Up and the Peterborough Minor Lacrosse Association
- Vice-President of Research and International, Trent University
- Professor, Biology, Trent University
- B.Sc. Queen’s University
- Ph.D. from the University of Calgary
- Member of Trent’s senior executive group
- Leads the university’s research enterprise which attracts approximately $15 million per year in revenues from external research funding agencies and private industry
- Continues to manage a research program in the Trent University Biology Department.
- Dr. Emery and his laboratory hold Canadian Natural Sciences and Research Council (NSERC) grants for their fundamental research activities, and have applied research partnerships with the Grain Farmers of Ontario, Dow Agro-Sciences, Sevita International and the Riken Institute in Japan.
- Served as the Director of the Trent Environmental and Life Sciences Graduate Program from 2006-2009 and as Associate Vice-President Research from 2009-2011
- Prior to joining Trent in 2000, worked for research institutions in Perth, Australia and Dijon, France.
- A Professional Land Use Planner with 43 years of consulting experience in rural and urban land use planning and development outside of the GTA, in both the public and private sectors.
- Graduated from the University of Waterloo with a Bachelor of Environmental Studies Degree in Honours Urban and Regional Planning, and is a member of the Canadian Institute of Planners, and is a Registered Professional Planner with the Ontario Professional Planners Institute.
- Principal of T.M. Robinson Associates, Planning Consultants established in 1990 and located in Peterborough.
- Considerable experience in governance from work and involvement with community and corporate organizations and boards and completed the Queen’s School of Business ‘Fundamentals of Governance’ program. A member of the Peterborough Economic Development Board of Directors since 2011.
- Resident of Peterborough since 1973
- President of Sir Sandford Fleming College
- Doctorate in English from York University
- President Tilly’s focus is a strategic plan with six priorities, including excellence in student learning, superior services and facilities, sustainability, growth with positive
- results, building community success and developing the Fleming working environment
- Serves on several community-based boards and the board of the Association of Canadian Community Colleges
- Past Chair of the Committee of Presidents of Ontario’s colleges
- Bachelor of Applied Science, Engineering from the University of Waterloo
- MBA, McMaster University
- Past President and CEO of Siemens Milltronics Process Instruments Inc.
- Member of Board of Governors, Executive Committee
- Chair of Finance & Property of Trent University
- Board member of the City of Peterborough Public Utilities.
- Past Board member of the Canadian Standards Association, FisherCast International, The Greater Peterborough Area Economic Development Corporation and Peterborough Family YMCA.
- Mr. Bignell is married to Janice Green and they have three daughters Kelly, Jamie and Morgan
- B.Sc. Chemical Engineering from Queen’s University in Kingston
- M.Sc. Chemical Engineering specializing in BioChemical Engineering and Fermentation Process Design from Queen’s University
- Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario since 2004
- Has worked in industries spanning a wide range of sectors including automotive, environmental, bio-pharma, mining, and industrial chemicals in operations management and engineering positions
- Has had experience in industrial technology transfer turning research and development ideas into viable commercial processes in intrapreneurial environments
- Has published papers in the peer reviewed journals “Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology” and “Biodegredation” and was featured in the Queen’s Chemical Engineering Alumni Review
- Registered Patent Agent since 1997
- Currently President of GASTLES INC. Registered Patent Agents
- Represented 450+ corporate, academic, independent clients
- Prepared/managed 1500+ Patents/Industrial Designs/applications in full range of sciences, since launch of patent firm in 1997
- Previously designed and marketed, from Peterborough, a line of proprietary veterinary medical equipment, distributed by North America’s largest veterinary medical catalog
- Fascinated by the power of the inventive mind, and enthusiastic supporter of the Greater Peterborough area
- Enjoys Stoney Lake summers
- In 2006, Brent began as the project manager of the CAWT which had no base funding or research grants. Over the next 10 years, under his leadership as the Director, the applied research activities at the CAWT grew from 1 project in 2006 to over 100 as of 2016. In 2007 he became the Senior Scientist in 2007 and in 2009, he was appointed as Director. To date, he and his team have raised over $15 million in revenue from partnerships with over 100 companies as well as with all levels of government, and university and college partners.
- In his new role at the College, he leads the advancement and coordination of college-wide activities and efforts in business development in non-post secondary revenue generation activities including contract training, applied research, technical services, and laboratory services. He continues to have institutional responsibility for college-wide applied research and all activities associated with applied research, including the CAWT. He also works with the President on provincial, national, and international governmental and partner relations priorities.
- Sally Harding is the President & CEO, and Owner of Nightingale Nursing Registry Ltd. Established in 1985, Nightingale Nursing is a Home-Health Care service provider, helping seniors and those recovering from illness or injury, remain independent at Home. Nightingale employs approx. 150 health care professionals including Registered Nurses, Personal Support Workers, Travel Immunization and Foot Care Specialists. Under Sally’s leadership, the company has seen much innovation and growth with the introduction of two new services: Nightingale Home Maintenance providing lawn care, snow removal, & renovations (2012) and Nightingale Global VAX, providing immunizations to travelers (2015). In 2014, Nightingale opened a second office location in Cobourg.
- In addition to 20 years’ experience in Home Health Care, Sally is also a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA-CMA), (1998), a graduate of Brock University, Business Administration & Finance, and recently completed a Masters Certificate in Health Care Management from York University & Schulich School of Business. Sally also has much Board experience holding offices of Treasurer and subsequent Chair of the Kawartha Chamber of Commerce, Chair of the PRHC Hospital Foundation, Vice Chair of the Ontario Home Care Association. Sally has expertise in Finance, Accounting, Governance, Human Resources, Marketing, Quality Improvement, and Strategic Planning.
- Sally is an active Rotarian for 14 years, hosted 10 Foreign Youth Exchange Students from around the World, and has helped to mentor the Habitat for Humanity Youth Council. In 2012, Sally was awarded “Business Women of the Year” for Peterborough, by The Examiner. Sally is married to Wayne Harding (CFO McCloskey International) and has two children ages 17 & 18.
- Corporate/commercial law lawyer at LLF Lawyers LLP
- Practiced at a national law firm in Toronto for 10 years, prior to relocating to Peterborough
- Expertise include: international secured financing, asset or share acquisitions and disposition and corporate restructuring
- Member of Law Society of Upper Canada and the Ontario Bar Association since 2003
- Ontario Bar Association mentor to young lawyers
- J.D. from Osgoode Hall Law School
- B.E.S from York University in Environmental Studies with a minor in Political Science
- Owner of a large garment printing company in Toronto
- Enjoys hiking and traveling
- Diane is a graduate of the University of Western Ontario with degrees in Chemistry and Biochemistry
and has held a number of progressive leadership positions. Diane is currently the President of Diatom Consulting Ltd.
- Diane spent 17 years with DuPont Canada in a variety of leadership roles including Corporate R&D Manager and the Senior Operations Manager at 4 locations. Diane and her family relocated to Peterborough in 2003 to join PepsiCo Foods as the Quaker Oats Plant Manager. Over her 10 year tenure, she is very proud to have secured millions of dollars of investment into the operations, launching the successful Peanut Free facility initiative, and growing the portfolio of products produced locally. In 2012, she joined EcoSynthetix, a start-up company in Burlington in the capacity of Senior Vice President of Research and New Business Development after the company successfully closed what was at the time, the largest CleanTech public offering capital raise.
- Diane has served on a number of boards and in 2015, she received her Chartered Board Director designation (C.Dir) from McMaster University and The Conference Board of Canada.