(Board Chair) President and CEO of Cambium Inc.
Nicole Stephenson (Vice Chair) Founder/Lawyer at Stephenson Law Group
(Treasurer) Vice President & Director, Portfolio Manager with RBC Dominion Securities
CFO of Peterborough Utilities
Chairman of Aclarus Water
President, Diatom Professional Consulting and Training Ltd.
Vice President of Research and International at Trent University
President of Fleming College
|James Gastle President & Patent Agent at Gastle and Associates||
Corporate/Commercial Law Lawyer at LLF Lawyers LLP
President & CEO, Nightingale Nursing Registry LtdRelations
- A proud resident of Peterborough since 1989
- Honours Degree from Queen’s University in Applied Science in the discipline of civil engineering (environmental specialty)
- Professional Engineer in the province of Ontario since 1999
- Began his career at Lakefield Research Limited to offer expertise to the mining, municipal, and commercial sectors
- Lived and worked in Buenos Aires, Argentina while providing environmental management and consulting services throughout South America
- Previously managed the Environmental Consulting Services at SGS Canada Inc. and negotiated its purchase leading to the creation of Cambium Environmental in 2006
- Currently President and CEO at Cambium Inc. with offices in Peterborough and Barrie, Ontario
- Vice President of Peterborough Ultimate League
- Board Member of the Ontario Onsite Wastewater Association
- Board Member of the Greater Peterborough Economic Development Corporation
- Nicole Stephenson is the founder of Stephenson Law Group with over 15 years of Canadian capital markets experience
- Nicole practises corporate and securities law with a specific focus on corporate finance and capital raising initiatives for public and private companies, compliance and registration matters, and will and estate planning for entrepreneurs and business owners
- She also advises senior management, boards of directors and shareholders on corporate governance, regulatory matters and business strategy
- Prior to founding Stephenson Law Group, Nicole spent over twelve years at the Ontario Securities Commission, a Canadian stock exchange and in private practice at a corporate and securities law boutique
- Nicole holds a Juris Doctor from Queen’s University Faculty of Law and a Masters of Laws (Securities law) from Osgoode Hall Law School. She also holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from York University
- Vice President & Director, Portfolio Manager with RBC Dominion Securities
- Graduate of Trent University with a major in economics.
- Has achieved the advanced designations of Fellow of Canadian Securities Institute and Canadian Investment Manager
- Well-versed in the principles and practice of portfolio management
- Proud to be an active member of the community, ranging from Chair of the Stewardship Committee (Peterborough Regional Health Centre Foundation), volunteer work with the Peterborough Golf & Country Club.
- Past member of the Leadership Division of the Breaking New Ground Campaign and has sat on the board of both the Festival of Trees and Hospice Peterborough
- Participated in fundraising campaigns for the United Way and Festival of Trees and worked with the Alzheimer Society
- Committed to a vast number of children’s programs; past member of Junior Achievement Peterborough, coached hockey, soccer and basketball and his donations have furthered the Five Counties Children Centre Foundation the YMCA Peterborough and the Peterborough Regional Health Centre Foundation
- His influence has been felt by many
- Steve is married to Maureen and together they have three children
- CFO – Peterborough Utilites
- Experienced Chief Financial Officer with a demonstrated history of working in the industry and the utility sector
- Skill in Negotiation, Budgeting, Strategic Planning, Business Process Improvement, and Cross-functional Team Leadership
- Strong finance professional
- Graduated from University of Waterloo
- Vice-President of Research and International, Trent University
- Professor, Biology, Trent University
- B.Sc. Queen’s University
- Ph.D. from the University of Calgary
- Member of Trent’s senior executive group
- Leads the university’s research enterprise which attracts approximately $15 million per year in revenues from external research funding agencies and private industry
- Continues to manage a research program in the Trent University Biology Department.
- Dr. Emery and his laboratory hold Canadian Natural Sciences and Research Council (NSERC) grants for their fundamental research activities, and have applied research partnerships with the Grain Farmers of Ontario, Dow Agro-Sciences, Sevita International and the Riken Institute in Japan.
- Served as the Director of the Trent Environmental and Life Sciences Graduate Program from 2006-2009 and as Associate Vice-President Research from 2009-2011
- Prior to joining Trent in 2000, worked for research institutions in Perth, Australia and Dijon, France.
- Appointed as the sixth president of Fleming College
- She has more than 25 years of progressive leadership experience in the postsecondary, health care, government and not-for-profit sectors
- Maureen was most recently the Deputy Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport and the Deputy Minister of the Status of Women for the province of Ontario
- Served as President and CEO for the Michener Institute for Applied Health Sciences, as CEO for Cystic Fibrosis Canada, and as Vice-President Corporate Services at Mohawk College
- Her volunteer work has included Chair of the Board of Directors of Research Canada, Vice-Chair and Commissioner for the Toronto Transit Commission, Director for the Toronto Central Community Care Access Centre, and Board Chair of the Scarborough Health Network
- Holds a diploma in Business Administration from Fleming College, a Bachelor of Business Administration from Lakehead University, and an MBA from the University of Toronto’s Rotman School of Management
- Completed the Director’s Education Program at the Rotman School of Management and the Institute of Corporate Directors, and is a certified Director with the Institute of Corporate Directors of Canada
- Maureen is a current Ph.D. in Higher Education candidate
- President of Sir Sandford Fleming College
- Doctorate in English from York University
- President Tilly’s focus is a strategic plan with six priorities, including excellence in student learning, superior services and facilities, sustainability, growth with positive
- results, building community success and developing the Fleming working environment
- Serves on several community-based boards and the board of the Association of Canadian Community Colleges
- Past Chair of the Committee of Presidents of Ontario’s colleges
- Bachelor of Applied Science, Engineering from the University of Waterloo
- MBA, McMaster University
- Past President and CEO of Siemens Milltronics Process Instruments Inc.
- Member of Board of Governors, Executive Committee
- Chair of Finance & Property of Trent University
- Board member of the City of Peterborough Public Utilities.
- Past Board member of the Canadian Standards Association, FisherCast International, The Greater Peterborough Area Economic Development Corporation and Peterborough Family YMCA.
- Mr. Bignell is married to Janice Green and they have three daughters Kelly, Jamie and Morgan
- President at Diatom Consulting and Professional Training Inc.
- An Operations Executive with 25 years of experience working with a diverse range of technologies and industries
- A courageous leader and change manager who is able to work high-level strategies balanced with consistent presence at the front-line to ensure excellence in operational practices.
Engages stakeholders in industry, academia, government and the community
- Graduated from the Conference and Event Management program at Fleming College in 1989 and following graduation worked for Mary Kay Cosmetics for three years as a Special Events Coordinator.
- Decided to join the family business in 1995 and after two years became Co-Owner with her brother Scott.
- Registered Patent Agent since 1997
- Currently President of GASTLES INC. Registered Patent Agents
- Represented 450+ corporate, academic, independent clients
- Prepared/managed 1500+ Patents/Industrial Designs/applications in full range of sciences, since launch of patent firm in 1997
- Previously designed and marketed, from Peterborough, a line of proprietary veterinary medical equipment, distributed by North America’s largest veterinary medical catalog
- Fascinated by the power of the inventive mind, and enthusiastic supporter of the Greater Peterborough area
- Enjoys Stoney Lake summers
- Sally Harding is the President & CEO, and Owner of Nightingale Nursing Registry Ltd. Established in 1985, Nightingale Nursing is a Home-Health Care service provider, helping seniors and those recovering from illness or injury, remain independent at Home. Nightingale employs approx. 150 health care professionals including Registered Nurses, Personal Support Workers, Travel Immunization and Foot Care Specialists. Under Sally’s leadership, the company has seen much innovation and growth with the introduction of two new services: Nightingale Home Maintenance providing lawn care, snow removal, & renovations (2012) and Nightingale Global VAX, providing immunizations to travelers (2015). In 2014, Nightingale opened a second office location in Cobourg.
- In addition to 20 years’ experience in Home Health Care, Sally is also a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA-CMA), (1998), a graduate of Brock University, Business Administration & Finance, and recently completed a Masters Certificate in Health Care Management from York University & Schulich School of Business. Sally also has much Board experience holding offices of Treasurer and subsequent Chair of the Kawartha Chamber of Commerce, Chair of the PRHC Hospital Foundation, Vice Chair of the Ontario Home Care Association. Sally has expertise in Finance, Accounting, Governance, Human Resources, Marketing, Quality Improvement, and Strategic Planning.
- Sally is an active Rotarian for 14 years, hosted 10 Foreign Youth Exchange Students from around the World, and has helped to mentor the Habitat for Humanity Youth Council. In 2012, Sally was awarded “Business Women of the Year” for Peterborough, by The Examiner. Sally is married to Wayne Harding (CFO McCloskey International) and has two children ages 17 & 18.
- Owner & General Manager – Carlson Wagonlit Stewart Travel
- Graduated from the Conference and Event Management program at Fleming College in 1989 and following graduation worked for Mary Kay Cosmetics for three years as a Special Events Coordinator
- Decided to join the family business in 1995 and after two years became Co-Owner with her brother Scott.
- As a member of the firm’s Business Law and Finance Law practice areas, Le provides legal advice to corporate and institutional clients on a wide range of business matters such as bank or private financing, corporate structuring, and assets or shares acquisition.
- Prior to joining LLF Lawyers LLP, Le was a valuable member of an international law firm practicing financing and corporate law for over 10 years. She now provides practical solutions to many local businesses, and help clients achieve success through effective negotiation.
- Community Involvement includes Peterborough Regional Health Centre – Board Member, Greater Peterborough Innovation Cluster – Board Member, Ontario Bar Association – Mentor