****APPLICATIONS FOR 2019 NOW CLOSED****
Hey entrepreneurs! If you’re looking to win over $6,500 in prizes, meet amazing entrepreneurs, and kick your business idea into high gear, you’re in the right spot. The Innovation Cluster and Peterborough & the Kawarthas Economic Development are partnering again to present Cubs’ Lair 2019, a pitch competition for young Peterborough entrepreneurs!
This year, we’ve teamed up with businesses and groups across Peterborough to ensure that our finalists get the best feedback possible, and of course, that the winner walks away prepared to start/grow their business with over $6,500 in prizes! The competition finals will take place on Thursday, November 21st at the Gordon Best Theatre in Peterborough, where the top five will pitch their ideas to the judges.
- you must be between the ages of 18-29
- you must have an idea to start a business, or
- you must be in the early stages of starting your own business
- your business has been operational for under two years, or
- you have plans of expanding your current business offerings
- you must be a resident of Peterborough & The Kawarthas (or plan to operate your business in the region)
- you must be planning to operate the business beyond the Cubs’ Lair competition
How do you enter? Easy!
Submit a 1-page description of your business. Where do you fill it out? Scroll down and you’re there. DEADLINE: October 25th, 2019
***Finalists will be announced on Nov. 14th/2019! Keep an eye on our Facebook Page!***
We’ll also be offering three workshops on business development, marketing, and pitching – these are mandatory for all entrants. We will also be offering one-on-one sessions by request to help you prepare for the final night. You can RSVP for these workshops and request one-on-one sessions below; first come first serve.
REGISTER FOR THE WORKSHOPS HERE (TO BE OPENED FOR REGISTRATION):
OCT. 30th/2019 – Orientation & Business Model workshop
NOV. 6th/2019 – Financial workshop
NOV. 13th/2019 – Pitching Prep Workshop
Our distinguished judges are:
- Michael Konopaski – Inclusive Advisory
- Nicole Stephenson – Stephenson Law Group
- Dana Empey – Carlson Wagonlit/ G. Stewart Travel Services Ltd.
Lastly, you’re probably interested in the prizes. Who wouldn’t be? This year’s prize pack is valued at over $6,500 and includes…