Incubating Innovation + Empowering Entrepreneurs = Peterborough & the Kawarthas only full service incubator, The Cube!
Helping start-ups find their best path to market by linking together talented people, ideas, resources + know how.
Our services are designed to be responsive to the changing needs of today’s fast-growing, knowledge intensive, technology-led companies. We have an excellent track record of helping startups become successful. The Cube contributes to the growth of a competitive economy and to the wealth and prosperity of our community.
The Cube is a full-service incubator – meaning we provide everything that a startup needs to become successful. From access to investor networks to workshops to office space, we have you covered! We assist new startups in finding their best path to market by connecting them with talented people, ideas, resources and know-how. Becoming a client of the Innovation Cluster means that you will be connected with an advisor that will work to take your business to the next level.
If you would like to work with the Innovation Cluster, please fill out our online application. The application is for the purpose of evaluating your venture for the potential of joining the Innovation Cluster as a client. As a fully funded not-for-profit, we offer the majority of our services complimentary to our clients.
- Incubation, so much more than just open-concept office space
- High-speed internet/WIFI
- Critical resources + support services provided by our advisors and Innovation Partner network
- Meeting and conference rooms
- Workshops to increase your skills and take your business to the next level
- We have the most up-to-date knowledge about funding opportunities for our clients
- A strong relationship with the Peterborough Region Angel Network gives our clients direct access to investment
- Credibility of an incubation program
We work specifically with innovation and technology startups. A founder or company must meet some of the following requirements to be eligible to work with the Innovation Cluster.
- Innovation or technology based startups*
- A Minimum Viable Product
- Startup companies in the following sectors:
- Clean technology
- Agriculture technology
- Digital (i.e. SaaS, ICT, VR/AR, etc.)
- Or if your solution has intellectual property
- Please contact the Innovation Cluster if your company does not fall into these sectors but you think your startup would be an excellent fit
- Existing companies interested in introducing new and innovative solutions into their current business practices or products
- At least one full-time founder dedicated to sales and revenue development
- A driven, coachable and collaborative startup founder/team
- Has intellectual property associated with their product or service
- Able work directly with the Innovation Cluster’s office for the duration of the program
*Please note: You are considered ‘tech’ if your primary business objective is to develop and distribute custom-built technology (excluding re-distribution/consultancy).
We support startups in Peterborough and the Kawarthas reaching as far north as Haliburton!
THE CUBE PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Our program features 6 months’ mentoring and support and sees our clients work alongside a range of startups from Peterborough and the Kawarthas (and beyond). Think of the Innovation Cluster as part of your team; here to help as your grow and scale your business. Startups that are accepted into our incubator program will be matched with an Innovation Specialist that will work hard to ensure their success. Successful applicants will have access to workshops, resources, partners, funding and investment opportunities.
The first step is to apply to join The Cube as an incubated or virtual client to gain access to our innovative programming.
If you meet our interview criteria, we’ll schedule a meeting to discuss your application and let you know a little more about how we can help your startup.
If your application is successful, the final step is our offer – we invite you to join The Cube family of startups!
4. INCUBATION PROGRAM
Now the work begins! We support you to accelerate your startup company through our incubation program.
Ready to join the Innovation Cluster and scale your startup?
All applications will be reviewed – due to our high volume of applications, applicants can expect a 1-2 week response time.